Growing children are hungry at frequent intervals. They wish to nibble on a snack every few hours. It’s virtually impossible to get them through a day without a mid-afternoon boost!
The packaged stuff contains excessive refined sugar that can be very unhealthy for our little ones. At times, it gets fairly challenging thinking of a nutritious, delectable, and satisfying between meal bite that’s not laden with sugar.
We decided to make your life easier by sharing some yummy sugar free treat recipes that your child will surely love.
1. Chocolate Cream Banana Bites
This delicacy is easy to prepare and is low on carbohydrates. This no fuss dessert will be relished by kids and adults at home!
Let’s first have a look at the recipe for chocolate frosting. This frosting is indeed special as it’s sugar free and low on carbohydrate.
● 1/3 cup whipping cream
● 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
● 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
● ¼ cup coconut oil
● 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
● 1 tablespoon peanuts
● ¼ cup softened butter
● Mix the vanilla extract and whipping cream until thickened.
● Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave.
● Whisk the cocoa powder and peanuts into the melted chocolate.
● Stir softened butter into the melted chocolate.
● Now add this chocolate mixture to the whipped cream and blend well.
● Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour till it sets well.
Once the frosting is ready, you can commence preparing the dessert.
● 2 bananas
● 1 ¼ cup of chocolate frosting
● Slice bananas into 16 pieces.
● Top each slice with 2 tablespoons of frosting.
● Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Strawberry Cake
This effortless recipe will demonstrate your love for your prized possession with its amazing heart shape and scrumptious taste.
● 100 gm strawberries
● 75 gm precooked beetroot
● 3 eggs
● 70 gm butter
● 1 heaped tablespoon rice syrup
● 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 cup flour
● ½ cup arrowroot flour
● 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
● sugar for icing (optional)
● Preheat the oven to 160C
● Mix all the wet ingredients in a blender at high speed till you obtain a beautiful pink batter.
● Now add the dry mix and combine gently.
● Pour into a lined tray and bake for 30 minutes.
● Allow it to cool.
● Use a heart cookie cutter to get the welcoming heart shape.
3. Berry Cherry
Mornings are a busy time yet you can’t compromise on child nutrition. Berry Cherry is a great breakfast drink high on fiber content, potassium, and antioxidants.
● 60 gm fresh cherries
● 1/2 banana
● 100 gm milk
● Crushed ice
● Fresh cherries for garnishing
● Put together all the ingredients in a blender.
● Blend until smooth.
● Garnish with fresh cherries and serve chilled.
4. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This snack can be relished after school or play! However, this recipe requires cautioning because you may need to hide it if don’t want it all over in a day.
● 1/2 cup raisins
● 2 cups rolled or quick oats
● 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
● 2 teaspoons honey
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon baking powder
● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1 egg
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1/4 cup butter melted
● 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
● Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
● Keep the raisins soaked in a small bowl of water for about 15 minutes.
● Keep back 2 tablespoons of the water and drain the rest of it.
● Take a bowl and stir together rolled oats, flour, honey, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
● In another separate bowl, whisk the egg with vanilla, melted butter, coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of
● Now combine and blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
● Add raisins and chocolate chips if desired.
● Taking the help of a small cookie scoop or tablespoon make 24 oatmeal balls.
● Place these balls onto a nonstick cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Flatten each slightly. Let the balls
bake for about 15–18 minutes until they acquire the golden brown tinge.
● Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes and serve.
5. Green Mango Ice cream
This is a super food recipe because fruits are rich in healthy vitamins and natural sugar, which is good for their body. Indulge their taste buds in this healthy treat.
● 1 frozen banana
● 1/2 cup frozen mango
● 1/2 cup spinach or any greens
● 1 tablespoon food collagen
● Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
● Serve chilled and frozen.
Who says expressing love needs to be complicated? These innocent souls just need a bit of your time, involvement and touch to feel pampered and loved!
So get them ready for a mouth watering delicacy without the evil sugar spike!